Hello to all those faithfully reading and hopefully enjoying this effort to make even the worst horror movie more watcha... aw, screw that - I'm not that good. If a movie makes you cringe because yet another batch of unlikable teens that are pushing 30 are inching toward their deaths, having a party no one does anywhere ever, a paranormal movie is boring you to tears with unending pans of empty rooms, or thanks to CGI technology when people finally bite it, their blood squirts everywhere except on the victim, the ground, the people next to them... you're in good company and this is the right place for you.

Saturday, October 25, 2014

THE TWO SENTENCE HORROR STORY - A NEAT IDEA CATCHING ON WITH THOSE SHORT OF ATTENTION SPAN BUT LONG ON LOVE OF SCARES - ANYBODY CARE TO SEND ANY? NO CRITICISM, NO JUDGING, JUST SOME GOOD, ORIGINAL SPINE CREEPERS. IF YOU CAN'T THINK OF ANY BUT HAVE READ ONE, I'LL TAKE IT - JUST MAKE SURE TO PUT WHERE IT CAME FROM





Reddit Made Me Do It

I've been seeing these lists on different horror sites and usually they come from Reddit. Now I don't know Reddit from shinola but that's 'cause of my age, not because it isn't a neat place to express yourself. If you are as old as I am, Reddit basically is a place where you can ask for material (such as these two sentence horror stories), or ask a serious question and get answers from people all over the world (those who get Reddit anyway).

So after reading some (and there are some really freaky ones out there) I noticed that some were, uh, copies of copies of copies. I'm not dissing that, writing is hard, and when you find a gem you tend to want to share it.


But Reddit has some pretty nasty people out there - on the page I visited (I had a two sentence gem of my own) most of the current page was filled with complaints of people accusing others of plagarizing or of having their own entries, uh, is it downvoted? because others wanted their own entries to move to the top of the list (the lists can be sorted a number of ways, apparently 'popular' is the the most, well, popular). 


So I put mine on there and also a request for anyone who had one they'd like to share on my blog (getting their proper credits of course) or, as I requested a while back, a time when they've had a nightmare that actually made them bolt upright in bed gasping and/or screaming.

We'll see what happens.

Huh? Oh yes, mine was:


'My creep of a father liked to scare us saying when he was a kid he woke one night to find his grandmother at the foot of his bed although she died before he was born and he'd never seen a picture of her. I never told him how pissed she looked standing behind him every time he told that story.'

True story, too. Well... half of it is.



                        

No comments:

Post a Comment