Hello to all those faithfully reading and hopefully enjoying this effort to make even the worst horror movie more watcha... aw, screw that - I'm not that good. If a movie makes you cringe because yet another batch of unlikable teens that are pushing 30 are inching toward their deaths, having a party no one does anywhere ever, a paranormal movie is boring you to tears with unending pans of empty rooms, or thanks to CGI technology when people finally bite it, their blood squirts everywhere except on the victim, the ground, the people next to them... you're in good company and this is the right place for you.

Friday, January 31, 2014

MINI HORRIBLE HORROR MOVIE MARATHON COMING - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!



Please Don't Whine Again!

Don't worry -  I know I do that way too much. This is just a quick note, first to thank you so much for putting this little blog over 59,000 views - that makes my day even if typing makes me want to scream in pain (no I'm not going to go on about the fibro stuff). So what has yours truly been up to?

Facebook. Not what you think - I've been working on 'cleaning out' my personal account. That means going through three years worth of posts and deleting everything except the new stuff which is all posts directing people to Miss Murder's Dungeon Of Horror. When I created that page, I stupidly attached it to my personal account thinking it to be easier just to go between one and the other. Stupid STUPID STUPID! I'm breaking the Facebook chains and now realize if the accounts had been separate, I could have just deleted my own and keep the horror page.





















Miss Murder's page, while showing only 57 members, gets on an average week about 2,000 views by people all over the world. Not bad, considering that FB in all it's greedy stupidity, thinks I should be paying at LEAST five dollars a day to MAYBE get roughly 20 more likes - a week. Oh that sounds totally fair. Pffft and a big DUH on that one. I'd rather collapse the page and pack it up than pay blood money to coax somebody to go to the HUGE trouble of hitting the 'Like' button.

Sooo.... three years of posts are going away. Fortunately I was not one of those who constantly passed on internet rumors, scams, recipes, pictures of what I ate each night, vague inspirational posters that were already passed on countless times, threats of death from celestial bodies above if someone did not 'share' a prayer posted on my page, thousand of cute kitten pictures (okay, maybe a dozen or so), and some doohickey people have on their phone that posts exactly everywhere they happen to go even if it's to the market or to a restaurant. 

As it is, what I've been seeing on mine is complaining. Lots of complaining. Why am I on FB again? Oh yeah, the horror page. As well as having horror trivia I thought was pretty wild, it points to this blog, as this blog points to that page. It's an eeeevil little plan that seems to have worked all right.

I DID take the plunge and sign up for Tumblr and Pinterest - what is the point of these programs exactly? I know what MySpace was about, I used that a couple of years but these seems to be programs where you go when you're really REALLY bored and decide to make a whole 'board' about kittens or puppies or whatever. Is THAT all it is? If so, I won't be there very long.

I've been a bit preoccupied with newer movies and that's not what I really wanted this for - this is for low budget, low expectation, low quality horror flicks that make you flinch because they're bad, not because it's a multi-million dollar 'reimagining' of a movie you've already seen several versions of. I've lost my way and I'm gonna get it back.

But in the meantime, please enjoy this Australian commercial about why you should stay in school:


Oh yes, there will be blood...


So I've got right in front of my DVD drive my collection of 'classic' horror movies that include such goodies as 'Don't Answer The Phone!', Night Fright (anything with John Agar is a guaranteed column of derisive comments), Scared To Death (Yawn - oh, Bela Lugosi? Yawn...), The Manster.... you know, stuff you really shouldn't watch unless there's a cutout of three figures in front of the screen riffing on it.



So hold on tight, keep the faith, and I'll leave the new stuff alone for a bit - but I DO want to do one I found by sheer accident from a new app called Movie Planet. It stars (so it says, they probably have five minutes of screen time max) none other than Gene Simmons AND Ozzy Osbourne. It's 1986's Trick Or Treat and it should be a scream - of laughter. Hold on tight kiddies - this rides gonna get a bit bumpy...


No comments:

Post a Comment