Hello to all those faithfully reading and hopefully enjoying this effort to make even the worst horror movie more watcha... aw, screw that - I'm not that good. If a movie makes you cringe because yet another batch of unlikable teens that are pushing 30 are inching toward their deaths, having a party no one does anywhere ever, a paranormal movie is boring you to tears with unending pans of empty rooms, or thanks to CGI technology when people finally bite it, their blood squirts everywhere except on the victim, the ground, the people next to them... you're in good company and this is the right place for you.

Saturday, June 28, 2014

ALL THE RIGHT FRIENDS IN ALL THE RIGHT PLACES - SO YEAH, WE'RE GOING DOWN - THEY'VE GOT ALL THE RIGHT MOVES AND ALL THE RIGHT FACES - SO YEAH, WE'RE GOING DOWN

(With apologies to OneRepublic)






This means nothing, I just like it...
Movies? Am I Going To Write About Movies?

Yes and no. Yes, I have a ton of 'em ready to go... okay, so not so ready, but in the works, plus a few updates PLUS updating the blog. That is going more slowly than I hoped since I lost Miss Mayhem. 

Ya know, I like not doing the Facebook Thorazine shuffle anymore, but Miss Mayhem (aka Mirabeth Silver) is not feeling the love over here in Googleland. She only uses Google for her email, but the other day she said she hit the +Mirabeth in the upper right hand corner by accident and found out that Google has decided that her name is not real.

That's right, my friend is a ghost, a specter, a nice frozen popcicle treat - but not a person. Her 'profile' (which she'd never seen nor used) was suspended pending appeal. She was supposed to send them info showing people she interacted with and where, like Google couldn't find her on their photo map or something. She didn't do anything since mail is all she needs and she got a second notice saying her appeal had been denied. She is NOT real.

So my Puff-The-Magic-Dragon friend has been looking at a bunch of other names that people use and kind of, well, whining about it. Can't blame her. Here are some actual names (partial, I don't want any trouble now) appearing on Facebook (and to get those accounts they have to have an email somewhere so... some have to be from Google):

Gamegirl
Mci
Villagelife (this actually is a LOT of people - in different forms and spellings)
Lordof Sin-City (I'm not worried about that one - come and get me)
Crazygamingaddict
GamesOnly
Olv Mtn Candy Crush
Theris Sunshineandhopeforever

I don't think Mirabeth has too much to worry about.

What? Oh yeah, the movies. I've mentioned that I'm trying to become an artist, yes? Have you ever watched a how-to video with a teacher that assumes you totally already know what he's talking about when you've never done it before?

We're not talking about Bob Ross, the gentleman with the 'happy little bushes' that we used to love to watch him paint so effortlessly. We're talking about a know-it-all dude whose lessons so far have taught me that I am a total blithering idiot. I've gotten as far as a blueish sky, an oval ground and some shady holes. I think he's having us draw a moon. It certainly isn't a person. Sigh.

Also, someone on my empty Facebook page (she's still a friend, I just don't see her stuff) mentioned on her page about a new internet program for "free" learning on how to write computer code. That is something I've wanted to learn, being stuck at home a source of income would be nice. Just a little hitch though. You learn for a month, decide what you want to learn (anything from programming apps for Androids to your basic C+ stuff), and THEN you pay them money. The amount depends on how MUCH you want to learn and how fast. Huh, what a surprise.

So back to the movies. There's gonna be World War Z (I get nauseous just typing that), Evidence (ditto),  Oculus (a boy, a girl, a mirror, a headache), The Club (a Canadian attempt at horror from 1994 - an update on a movie I'd already reviewed), Night Of The Creeps (a pretty neat 80's creature feature that was so bad it was good), plus the horrible, horrible stuff Full Moon Streaming considers cinema (A little PMS Cop anyone?).




So for now it's back to bed with my stiff and overtaxed self, finding a nice "You're real to me sweetie" card for Mirabeth, and hopefully some good bad stuff coming to this blog near you....

Oh, and seeing how we're approaching 91,000 readers, let me say in advance that it is an honor and a privilege to be able to write something that somebody somewhere is enjoying, or at least looking at. Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment