Hello to all those faithfully reading and hopefully enjoying this effort to make even the worst horror movie more watcha... aw, screw that - I'm not that good. If a movie makes you cringe because yet another batch of unlikable teens that are pushing 30 are inching toward their deaths, having a party no one does anywhere ever, a paranormal movie is boring you to tears with unending pans of empty rooms, or thanks to CGI technology when people finally bite it, their blood squirts everywhere except on the victim, the ground, the people next to them... you're in good company and this is the right place for you.

Monday, June 9, 2014

WHERE'S OUR MOVIES YOU LAZY LIE ABED WORTHLESS SHELL OF A HUMAN BEING!!! (PLEASE?)



Boy, You Guys Are Tough!

Before I bow at your feet, I wanted to let you know about something totally cool (if the media hasn't done it to death already). We just reviewed the documentary Dear Mr. Watterson and then learned that he actually likes the strip (we love it too) Pearls Before Swine by Stephan Pastis. In fact, he thought it would be 'neat' if he could slip a few days of his art into it. 

After Pastis cleaned up all the drool, they worked out the kinks. They decided it would be best if Pastis briefly introduced "Libby" (a loose form of Billy) as a second grader who could draw better than Pastis. The only catch was that Watterson didn't want anyone to know until all the strips had been printed. And they have. To catch this wonderful mesh from the start, go to:

http://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2014/06/02

Two strips introduce her, the next three strips include Watterson's work... enjoy!

Just a quick update to let you guys know when to expect new movies. Actually, if you think about it, the efforts we've put into updating this blog might be considered bringing you "new" movies if you didn't know we had them. And there's been a couple (JUST a couple) that I've had to completely redo as I read over the review, shook my head, and wondered what kind of painkillers I'd been on that day. 

I also rechecked and updated an entry I did on Screampix. That is a movie channel (pffft) offered on YouTube for $2.99 per month.

They now call themselves Screambox (pffffffffft) but the movies, moderator, and bullcrap are all the same. I checked some of the mail from users - 'not available in my country', 'won't play', etc. - all the same stuff I was complaining about (before he started deleting my comments of course). The movies? Same wooden acting in $500 movies that you wouldn't throw a nickel (or 3p or whatever) at.

There were also a couple of movies I originally had glossed over that I re-visited and did a better review on - one of them being V/H/S, which I thought a muddled mess until I saw V/H/S 2 (a couple of times) and realized there was a story going on outside of the tapes which my drugged brain hadn't registered apparently... I left the original date on them but you can easily find what you're looking for using either the search bar or scanning the Labels section (which is getting pretty freaking loooooong) for a title, an actor, or a subject.

I printed just the other day about us getting caught in the "FBI MoneyPak Virus" and getting out just in time not to have to re-do everything on the computer. Since then we've been a bit leery about using anything, but you know, that's just giving in and we're not going to do that. But I did find this interesting. 

I get TONS of emails - lots of 'em junk. If you're not careful and you're used to getting a lot of junk, how do you tell the legit ones from the phish? That's why I like Naked Security From Sophos. Check their site out - they're not just an American scam investigator (in fact, from their spelling and other clues they must be in the UK) so their advice is good for many countries.   www.nakedsecurity.sophos.com

'Cause we are all getting smart about not clicking links or opening attachments of strange emails - so the crooks are trying to get smarter.  

http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2014/06/06/phish-or-legit-can-you-tell-the-difference/?utm_source=Naked+Security+-+Sophos+List&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=f882a52cae-naked%252Bsecurity&utm_term=0_31623bb782-f882a52cae-455033573




No comments:

Post a Comment