Hello to all those faithfully reading and hopefully enjoying this effort to make even the worst horror movie more watcha... aw, screw that - I'm not that good. If a movie makes you cringe because yet another batch of unlikable teens that are pushing 30 are inching toward their deaths, having a party no one does anywhere ever, a paranormal movie is boring you to tears with unending pans of empty rooms, or thanks to CGI technology when people finally bite it, their blood squirts everywhere except on the victim, the ground, the people next to them... you're in good company and this is the right place for you.

Thursday, June 19, 2014

THE ANNIVERSARY OF A LOUD-MOUTHED BAD HORROR MOVIE KNOW-IT-ALL BLOGGER





Thank You My Dear Hubby For Reminding Me

Today marks two years that I've been at this little venture, which my husband was kind enough to put on my calendar on my phone, otherwise, like last year, I would totally have missed it.



We've had good responses, some bad ones, but never evil ones... I wonder where all the trolls are hiding... hmm. Must be waiting for some new article about some tragedy they can point and laugh at just for the gratification of a bunch of indignant people paying them some attention...

Yup, on June 19, 2012 I took the plunge and, with the help of a friend who knows about this kind of stuff (and over two years I have learned quite a bit on my own) here's what I started with:



A little bit about me: 

I've always loved to read. My favorites were always the bizarre, the scary, the unreal. Writers like the recently departed Ray Bradbury were my absolute heroes and I wanted to be a writer like they were. But time marches on, physical circumstances change and now although I still love books, I can't devour an entire Stephen King novel in a day like I used to. So I watch movies. A LOT of movies. Oh, TV shows too but I prefer movies.


Now of course that picture is NOT me. It is of a certain singer of a certain band who I was totally obsessed with for way too long of a period of time who decided one day he was bored and the band broke up. I no longer obsess over any one band anymore and have mostly gone back to my favorite type of music, reaching back into the '90s - grunge (you may laugh now).



Rest assured - Charles Band WILL be pissed...
So what's next? Well, I DO have a comic strip (or anime if I <laughs sarcastically> get really good at the animation program) planned out, I have stretched my repertoire to include some sci-fi, some new horror, and even a comedy or two. I have attempted to include several streaming services but, except for Netflix, all have failed miserably (a total summary of my new experiences with the HORRIBLE Full Moon pictures streaming service is in the works - should be complete in a couple of days).






It only gets this bad when the cats play with them...
I have watched movies from other peoples websites (and only been attacked by the FBI scam once - and thankfully shut down before they could get their hooks set and lock up my computer), and I have a growing pile of classic and not-so-classic DVD's by my feet (gonna have to build a shelf for those one of these days) that need to be watched and, more importantly, made fun of.

A HUGE thank you to all those who have stuck with this blog (89,000 by the time you read this) and I promise to continue to improve and hopefully, most of all, to entertain. And thank you Jack White. What? Why am I thanking Jack White? Oh, I'm sorry, I thought everybody was supposed to now - isn't it a law or something? Anywho, a big politically correct hug <pfffft> to all of you wonderful readers and keep alert, this blog may get better...




No comments:

Post a Comment