Hello to all those faithfully reading and hopefully enjoying this effort to make even the worst horror movie more watcha... aw, screw that - I'm not that good. If a movie makes you cringe because yet another batch of unlikable teens that are pushing 30 are inching toward their deaths, having a party no one does anywhere ever, a paranormal movie is boring you to tears with unending pans of empty rooms, or thanks to CGI technology when people finally bite it, their blood squirts everywhere except on the victim, the ground, the people next to them... you're in good company and this is the right place for you.

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

LIFEPOINTS - MAKE THEM AVAILABLE TO THE DESERVING AND TAKE THEM (OR ACCEPT DONATIONS) FROM THOSE WHO EITHER DON'T APPRECIATE THEM OR JUST CAN'T DEAL WITH HAVING THEM ANYMORE...






I Don't Know - But I'll Bet Jails Would Be A Lot Emptier

Pardon the brief and somewhat depressing entry - Miss Murder is in a mood (no I'm not going to talk in the third person) but I was thinking:

I hate hearing of people, especially children, who never get a chance to see what a 'normal' life is because of various diseases or disabilities.



And I think of those of us who sometimes wish our lives would just disappear, and those who don't appreciate what they have and try to take it from someone else. I mean, the United States only has 4.4 percent of the world's population, yet as of 2013, the incarceration rate of the United States of America was the highest in the world, at 716 per 100,000 of the national population. 



We ALL know he's out of credits...
While the United States represents about 4.4 percent of the world's population, it houses around 22 percent of the world's prisoners. Imprisonment of America's 2.3 million prisoners, costing $24,000 per inmate per year, and $5.1 billion in new prison construction, consumes $60.3 billion in budget expenditures.



I think Matt Groening was on the right track, but movies like Idiocracy and In Time (one movie I haven't actually seen yet but it's on my list, even though dystopian futures isn't exactly horror - just unpleasant at best) are closer - the better you live, the longer you live (in Idiocracy I think a 'dude' is included in there somewhere).

Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to (briefly) say that if it were possible, I would give away more than enough credits today and that's all I have. Sorry. Here's something cheery:







Okay so that wasn't so cheery... but it was FREAKING sweet! 




No comments:

Post a Comment