Hello to all those faithfully reading and hopefully enjoying this effort to make even the worst horror movie more watcha... aw, screw that - I'm not that good. If a movie makes you cringe because yet another batch of unlikable teens that are pushing 30 are inching toward their deaths, having a party no one does anywhere ever, a paranormal movie is boring you to tears with unending pans of empty rooms, or thanks to CGI technology when people finally bite it, their blood squirts everywhere except on the victim, the ground, the people next to them... you're in good company and this is the right place for you.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Movies You Watch Because Of Who's In Them
- But Can't Finish 'Em Anyway



Night Of The Demons (2009)

A definite swing and a miss. I admit I need brainless today, but not this brainless. Even with the very sad looking Edward Furlong, I just couldn't get through this thing. If even half of the sick, twisted youth that apparently make up New Orleans on Halloween night get killed in this movie, count it as a good end. Yikes. I couldn't find a single thing that made me want to finish this movie. The biggest horror is that this is a remake of a 1988 movie that had two sequels.... dear Lord why?

Supposedly (this time, the original was ten friends in a funeral parlor) taking place in a mansion called the Broussard, in 1925 it was supposed to be the site of something unspeakable, leaving it empty. Until an enterprising (and having no morals whatsoever) young woman decides to throw the party of the year there. And Edward? He's playing a character named Colin, a drug dealer looking for a big score. He's got dark circles under his eyes, seems half-asleep, has yellow teeth from constant smoking, and good grief I really like the boy but his downfall has become so apparent it just makes you flinch to look at him. Oh and the movie was really starting to suck too... I really don't care if there are real demons in this film or not, I just know I'm saving my eyes, what little brain power I've got and my poor Max's ears (the soundtrack was dreadful and at full volume) for something that might not be smarter, but will definitely be a bit more watchable. Maybe the original of this thing - if it had two sequels it couldn't be that bad, could it? Pffft, I already know the answer to that one...

No comments:

Post a Comment