Hello to all those faithfully reading and hopefully enjoying this effort to make even the worst horror movie more watcha... aw, screw that - I'm not that good. If a movie makes you cringe because yet another batch of unlikable teens that are pushing 30 are inching toward their deaths, having a party no one does anywhere ever, a paranormal movie is boring you to tears with unending pans of empty rooms, or thanks to CGI technology when people finally bite it, their blood squirts everywhere except on the victim, the ground, the people next to them... you're in good company and this is the right place for you.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Uh Oh, Looks Like It's Going To Be A Mario Bava Week



Whilst thumbing through my catalog (actually I was looking at my scribbled list) of possible cult movies to review, the last two I did by Mario Bava got me thinking... the two I saw were pretty well made for a 60's and a 70's movie, how about some others he's done? After resolving a problem or two with my Netflix (my problem, not theirs) I managed to come up with a Mario Bava tribute list that I think you might like - or hate with a passion, depending. When I found The House Of Exorcism, aka Lisa And The Devil (alternate titles are a must to Mario) starring none other than Telly Savalas and Elke Sommer I thought dang! This is a great opportunity and I'm going to try to watch 'em until I'm sick to death of hearing the name Bava. The movies will include (maybe, depending on what title they're going by these days):

The House Of Exorcism
Dr. Goldfoot And The Girl Bombs (?!?)
Baron Blood
Kill, Baby... Kill!
Black Sabbath (No, Ozzy will not be attending.)
The Girl Who Knew Too Much
Planet Of The Vampires
Hercules In The Haunted World
Roy Colt And Winchester Jack
Knives Of The Avenger

We'll see just how many of these movies I can stomach... umm I mean watch this week and give you the lowdown on the Bava mind... if you know of more, feel free to let me know and tell me where to find them and I'll... well I'll try to keep an open mind about even more Bava extravaganzas...

No comments:

Post a Comment