Hello to all those faithfully reading and hopefully enjoying this effort to make even the worst horror movie more watcha... aw, screw that - I'm not that good. If a movie makes you cringe because yet another batch of unlikable teens that are pushing 30 are inching toward their deaths, having a party no one does anywhere ever, a paranormal movie is boring you to tears with unending pans of empty rooms, or thanks to CGI technology when people finally bite it, their blood squirts everywhere except on the victim, the ground, the people next to them... you're in good company and this is the right place for you.

Thursday, August 29, 2013

MISSED ANNIVERSARIES, THANK YOUS, GETTING OLDER AND OTHER STUFF





Happy Belated Blog Anniversary To Me

In June of last year I was watching a whole lot of movies and feeling really tired of the silly mistakes, plots, special effects and other annoyances and I had a whole lot of opinions. Having no shame to speak of and a lot of time on my hands, I took the advice of a good friend, Tim Forston, who suggested I start a blog. Umm, a what? I am technologically impaired. I didn't used to be that way. 

Heck, way back when, after we got rid of our Commodore 64's and our PC 286's I was adept at finding out what made computers tick - even if by sheer luck (or accident). I had no qualms about taking off the cover of my computer and adding different components or trying to troubleshoot what the heck was happening with our build-it-yourself system this week. 

And it would work. Mostly. Now if I turn on the computer and a weird screen pops up, I cower like a baby and hope I have the tech number somewhere close by. I have gone from adept to total dweeb.

Anywho, as I was saying, I had no idea what a blog was, much less that I could actually have one. It's easy, says Tim and with his help I was up and running June 19, 2012. I have made 576 (this is 577) entries and had 36,460 hits which absolutely amazes me and I thank you. 

So far, above and away the most popular movie entry people seem to have liked was the sick revenge movie Victim (2010) which has stayed at the top of the list ever since, well, ever since I discovered there were lists. As of 5/17/14, it is still number two on the list...

It's not just America tuning in either. My countries list has included Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, France, Australia, India, Argentina, China, Indonesia, United Arab Emirates, Phillipines, Korea and Russia. Other countries seem to pop in and out, depending on the material.


This blog has been fun and therapeutic at the same time - nice combination. If you haven't heard me gripe before, I'm now disabled, and pretty much housebound and so it's either get re-acquainted with the world of soap operas (no no no no no), sit around and eat (that would be fun if I had any kind of appetite), stare out the window and hate the world that gets to go out and enjoy the very scenic area I'm lucky to live in, or do what I do a lot anyway - give my opinions on the good, the bad and the ugly in my favorite movie genre - horror. If you think there can't possibly be that many horror movies, well, I've been going for over a year now and I still have a huge list of pending movies to do. And I'm having a lot of fun doing it.


Whether it's picking apart a plot (or no plot), finding errors in continuity or careless dialogue I seem to find a plethora of goodies in all kinds of movies that are supposed to be frightening. I just find them pretty damn funny. Every once in a while I like to step out and put some real life horror but I don't really do it that often since real horror is no joke and I would rather entertain than depress people. I mainly put that kind of thing up to kind of contrast and compare why people that scream that horror movies are much too violent are way, way off as to the true source of such violence. People kill people, not movies.

Life's a bitch and so am I.


No comments:

Post a Comment