Hello to all those faithfully reading and hopefully enjoying this effort to make even the worst horror movie more watcha... aw, screw that - I'm not that good. If a movie makes you cringe because yet another batch of unlikable teens that are pushing 30 are inching toward their deaths, having a party no one does anywhere ever, a paranormal movie is boring you to tears with unending pans of empty rooms, or thanks to CGI technology when people finally bite it, their blood squirts everywhere except on the victim, the ground, the people next to them... you're in good company and this is the right place for you.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

I SAID I'D DO IT AND I DID - SO THERE!





On Indexing Movies And Being An Ex-Facebooker

Hello my lovelies. I have some random ramblings for today's blog. I actually did something that I said I was going to do, and I finished it. Since there's no one else around, I guess I have to pat myself on the back. But since I have fibro, that's pretty much impossible.


It's almost as impossible to completely quit Facebook. I DID shut down everything (shh, don't tell anybody, but I had six accounts), deleted everything, and wiped my personal account's friend list down to crumbs. Uh, no, the people aren't crumbs, I just meant it's down from umpteen hundreds to something more 70-ish.



But I don't have a game system and I really don't want to shell out the bucks to 'join' some game site just to sit there and crush candy, bonk frogs on the head (Or are they turtles?), stick things in Hannah Montana's mouth (I'm not kidding, that's a game - look at the picture below), or worse, slaughter human beings. I don't care if in the game they look like trolls or aliens or whatever, you're still training to kill people - ask the army. Plus the stress of knowing there are all the other players fighting at the same time to slaughter me. That's... a bit different when you're used to stuff like Farmville.



Okay, that's just gross...
I did try a couple of games but only from the Google Chrome store 'cause that's "safe", right? Wrong. I had two or three very bland 'search for the hidden objects' type of games and I noticed that my security software was starting to complain. A LOT. Seems that stuff was attempting to invade my computer with sneaky little programs to make things load on their own even when I WASN'T EVEN PLAYING OR ON THE GAME SITE. Screw that. I flushed everything down the toilet (so to speak), ran a 'scrubber' program to get every last, uh, bit and said... something nasty I'm sure.

Long story short (you should know this is impossible for me by now) I do visit my ONE personal FB account now and again for a game and to promote this blog - which is pretty worthless, seeing as how nobody from there read it in the first place. In fact, after dumping all those people, that probably knocked my FB readership from, ummm, two to zero.



Okay, they're not quite this bad but hey, it feels like it...
I hope this still makes sense by the time I finish it, as the weather has once again changed its little mind as to whether it's going to be summer or not. My mind  is mush and I'm sitting here with my hands under my legs, using my dictation software. Let me briefly explain that. The pain in my hands and fingers, especially during weather changes, or just when my body feels like it, becomes so bad that painkillers really don't cut it. 

A simple and semi-effective method of easing the pain I have found is to (go ahead and laugh - I did when I first started doing it) sit on them. When I sleep, I always lay on them. For some reason, the combination of heat and pressure seems to relieve some of the pain. So if you see someone sitting on a bus, a train, a plane, whatever, and they're sitting on their hands – do not judge them, please. They may simply be trying to ease the pain of some kind of arthritis. Or they're just weird. I make no promises.


Oh yes, as I said waaay in the beginning, I finished an index of the movies I currently possess. My first surprise was in realizing that I still knew how to use Excel. Well, it's not really Excel, but a stripped down bastardized version of it. Meh, it does what I need it to do. I went through all the DVDs in my ole' high-tech cardboard box. I had decided to do this to make sure that I was not getting copy after copy of movies that were sure to be terrible.


I was pleasantly surprised. The winner of the movie – I – have – the – most – copies – of contest? Drumroll please… The original Night Of The Living Dead, of which I currently have three copies. Since they are in bundles of other movies, I don't feel so bad. There are maybe two or three more where I have two copies, but for the most part, every awful horror movie I have seems to be all by its lonesome.

So, since I seem to have stalled in my duty of watching movies lately, I decided to crack a couple open. And I sincerely apologize in advance, because what it is you are about to witness is absolutely horrible, but you know what? You didn't have to watch it.



Gary Busey has never looked better...
Oh, and I just wanted to mention one thing. I've noticed a couple of blogs, including some video blogs, that include the words 'so you don't have to' or something similar. I just want to say one time only that when I started this blog two years ago, I was not aware of any of those people, and knew nothing of any of them. Knowing about it now is NOT going to make me change the title of my blog. So if you think I'm a big ole' copycat, nope. There's just nothing new under the sun. Like music. Like horror movies. Hell, like anything. Just thought I'd throw that out.


                        

No comments:

Post a Comment