Hello to all those faithfully reading and hopefully enjoying this effort to make even the worst horror movie more watcha... aw, screw that - I'm not that good. If a movie makes you cringe because yet another batch of unlikable teens that are pushing 30 are inching toward their deaths, having a party no one does anywhere ever, a paranormal movie is boring you to tears with unending pans of empty rooms, or thanks to CGI technology when people finally bite it, their blood squirts everywhere except on the victim, the ground, the people next to them... you're in good company and this is the right place for you.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A LITTLE BIT ABOUT ME:







I've always loved to read. My favorites were always the bizarre, the scary, the unreal. Writers like the recently departed Ray Bradbury were my absolute heroes and I wanted to be a writer like they were. But time marches on, physical circumstances change and now although I still love books, I can't devour an entire Stephen King novel in a day like I used to. So I watch movies. A LOT of movies. Oh, TV shows too, but I prefer movies.

Why horror? Why not? Horror movies are supposed to be scary but I learned too young that real life is what is truly scary - horror movies actually amuse me. I laugh when things pop out, I predict who dies first, I made up a horror list of rules years before 'Scream' came out and even don't-watch-it-alone movies like The Exorcist makes me giggle.

So, like I said, I watch a whole lot of movies. Good, bad, very bad, or just meh. And I discovered that picking them apart could be even more fun than just watching them. So here we are. 

I am not an official movie critic, hold no titles or certificates in anything, just a good sense of humor and a pretty good idea of what makes a good movie and what makes a movie.... meh. 

So follow along if you will, because hey, I watch 'em so you don't have to - it is my endeavor to save you a lot of time for the real horror wonders and not stare at the credits thinking 'What in the blazes did I just watch?'

I hope you enjoy.



                              

No comments:

Post a Comment