Hello to all those faithfully reading and hopefully enjoying this effort to make even the worst horror movie more watcha... aw, screw that - I'm not that good. If a movie makes you cringe because yet another batch of unlikable teens that are pushing 30 are inching toward their deaths, having a party no one does anywhere ever, a paranormal movie is boring you to tears with unending pans of empty rooms, or thanks to CGI technology when people finally bite it, their blood squirts everywhere except on the victim, the ground, the people next to them... you're in good company and this is the right place for you.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

YOUR STORIES WANTED FOR AN EXPERIMENT





We See It In A Ton Of Movies And On TV... 

That moment when something awful is happening, whether it is someone dying, a bit of violence or just plain ole' scary imagery. Suddenly, the man/woman sits straight up in bed, sweating and panting, sometimes with an 'AH!' or other squeal as they slowly realize that they are not in danger, but have been dreaming.

Who does that? Seriously, I want to know. Being afraid of nothing means that when I have 'nightmares' I can usually turn them around and make them what I want them to be. I'm great at lucid dreaming, lucid meaning I know I'm dreaming and can control them, so would-be killers, spooky stuff, falling, whatever the 'horror' I can handle it. I've opened my eyes wide before after a dream, but never, and I mean NEVER have I sat straight up with an exclamation as I slowly realize I'm in no danger. So who does?




If you have EVER had that experience, I'd like to know. Call it a Reader's Panel of those who actually have experienced the dream so vivid or awful that you literally almost jumped out of bed. If you have one, and would like to tell it, I would be more than happy to put it on my blog. Not to make fun of, or get a snicker or two, but to have honest stories of the actual experience. You may contact me through Google +, or PM me on Facebook and I will print it.

As for me, the ONLY time I've been startled awake (no jumping up or exclaiming, just wide awake in a second) is that I could swear I looked at my window and men were climbing through it. That's it. The second my eyes opened and I saw the window was shut and locked, it was over so... yeah. Let's hear them - I'm curious to see what would make a REAL person do this kind of thing.



                              

No comments:

Post a Comment