Hello to all those faithfully reading and hopefully enjoying this effort to make even the worst horror movie more watcha... aw, screw that - I'm not that good. If a movie makes you cringe because yet another batch of unlikable teens that are pushing 30 are inching toward their deaths, having a party no one does anywhere ever, a paranormal movie is boring you to tears with unending pans of empty rooms, or thanks to CGI technology when people finally bite it, their blood squirts everywhere except on the victim, the ground, the people next to them... you're in good company and this is the right place for you.

Saturday, November 30, 2013

I'LL STOP THE WORLD AND MELT WITH YOU; YOU'VE SEEN THE DIFFERENCE AND IT'S GETTING BETTER ALL THE TIME




I'll Tell You The Truth, The Whole Truth, And Nothing But You'll Still Like An Airport Carpet Better...

(Note: When I was re-adjusting these reviews to the new format I discovered that this entry's pictures went... somewhere and I've no idea what was there - sorry.) Just so you faithful readers know, I'm not ignoring you, I've been having a blast on my horror page doing different things (my Miss Murder really didn't realize this is not a once-a-week kind of thing) and I do have more than a couple movies on paper, just not on my blog.

Today however I've declared (for myself anyway) to be MST3K day. If you check my Facebook horror page (which has also had its hundredth name change) 'Miss Murder's Dungeon Of Horror' you'll see lots of good stuff plus a long list of MST3K favorites and quizzes on what the movie is, and whether the host was Joel Hodgson or Mike Nelson. 

I've even found someone who put together every MST3K beginning into one ten minute segment (Seeing Joel with shaggy hair was neat!) and lots of horrible movies.

Right now (and the answer to one of the quizzes on my page) I'm enjoying The Incredible Melting Man (1977) which has been cut down for both content and for commercials. I'd advise to see the whole movie - for the 70's the gore is quite good even if the acting is quite horrible.

I was letting the movie run while I was getting more water (laughing and doing riffing myself dries me out) and I said out loud 'I wonder why they haven't done that 80's song 'I Melt With You' by Modern English? I got done, sat down and sure enough they were riffing the song - I beat 'em by about 15 seconds. Yay me!

Anywho, enjoy the page and if you use Facebook, please 'Like' my page. I'm getting kind of insecure, especially since I found out (and this is absolutely, completely, disgustingly true) that the carpet in the Portland PDX has its own page and lots more 'Like's than my page... geez. 

I promise to keep providing more goodies every day and I hope Miss Murder, who for the present I guess is me although (I'll give you a topic) I am neither a Miss nor have I ever been a Murderer (discuss).

Thank all of you for making this a year where I'll see 50,000 readers within a week or two!


No comments:

Post a Comment