Hello to all those faithfully reading and hopefully enjoying this effort to make even the worst horror movie more watcha... aw, screw that - I'm not that good. If a movie makes you cringe because yet another batch of unlikable teens that are pushing 30 are inching toward their deaths, having a party no one does anywhere ever, a paranormal movie is boring you to tears with unending pans of empty rooms, or thanks to CGI technology when people finally bite it, their blood squirts everywhere except on the victim, the ground, the people next to them... you're in good company and this is the right place for you.

Friday, May 17, 2013

NETFLIX I THINK I LOVE YOU





I've had Netflix for more than a few months now, and I have to admit that compared to other movie streaming services, this is a top rate, great working site - even if the movies are a bit on the suck side. I've tried Amazon, I've tried Fandor, I've tried Hulu. They had their charms but a whole lot of problems that made using them (especially paying for them) not feasible. So I am going to try a trial subscription with a relatively new service through YouTube called Screampix. They only have a catalog of just short of 120 movies (all horror) and costs only $2.99 per month. Update: DON'T DO THIS!!! THE HORRIBLE THING IS... HORRIBLE!!!

I hate to say it, but if you want to try it for yourself I would suggest the 14 day free trial and then get the hell out of it. I've only done two movies on there and both were - sigh - torture. The first movie, which sucked out loud anyway, stalled, ended before the end (you had to reload the page and find where you left off), skipped back as many as a half hour just for the hell of it, and the streaming was very uneven. Now I have a great system so this was inexcusable. 

Besides, I could have a dozen things running while watching a Netflix streaming movie and never have a skip, a stutter, and certainly not a movie that starts itself over from the beginning for no reason at all. And there's no close captioning on anything, which for a person like me who may be able to hear okay but can't understand everything people say this is a definite liability.

In other words, maybe since this is a relatively new service they've got some bugs to work out, but not with my money. I watched a second movie to make sure it wasn't just a faulty movie and had to just sit and accept that it would come to a stop every five minutes or so. And this movie was boring beyond belief so that was a tremendous test of patience.

For those who don't know, Netflix offers a 30 day free trial and only costs $7.99 a month - to get the actual DVD's delivered costs more but I don't know how much. Whatever complaint I make about Netflix, it still is the superior movie streaming service out there.


No comments:

Post a Comment